LG has announced that their new flagship smartphone LG G5 will be launched in India after March. The G5 was launched in Mobile World Congress in Barcelona last week. LG G5 is not a regular smartphone. It is a modular smartphone. Let’s first talk about LG G5’s features & specifications. And then I will explain about G5’s different modules.
- Display: It has 5.3″ 1440p Quad-HD display. It is a Always-On display with Gorilla Glass 4 for display protection.
- Camera: It has dual rear camera setup. A 8MP rear camera and a 16 MP rear camera with laser autofocus, 3 axis Optical Image Stabilization and single LED flash. It has 8MP front camera for great selfies.
- Battery: It has removable 2800mAh battery that supports Quick Charge 3.0. It gets 83% in 30 mins. Battery capacity is low compared to many other Android smartphones.
- Performance: It is powered by Snapdragon 820 (2.15 GHz) which is a latest and powerful chipset.
- O. S.: It runs LG Optimus UX 5.0 based on Android v6.0.1 (Marshmallow). It is latest version of Android as of now.
- Other Features: It has all the latest features like Fingerprint scanner, Low-energy Bluetooth v4.2, Dual-band WiFi, GPS and USB Type-C reversible connector with USB OTG support.
LG G5 Modules:
LG G5 has modular design. So, user can remove bottom part of the smartphone and user can replace it with different available modules. There 2 modules available as of now. One is Camera module and another is Audio module. LG hasn’t announced price for Modules.
LG CamPlus :
Camera Module called LG CamPlus provides great grip and better hardware controls for camera enthusiasts. User can also launch the camera app using this module. This module also has 1200mAh in-built battery. So users can click more and more pics without worrying about battery drain.
B&O Hi-Fi Audio Module:
This Hi-Fi audio module by B&O comes with a DAC (Digital-to-analog converter) for 32bit High-Quality audio. It has a speaker and a 3.5mm audio jack. It is for people who have high quality headphones and likes to listen music a lot.
The smartphone will be available in four colors:Silver, Titan, Gold and Pink. This smartphone has some very good features like Dual-rear camera setup. Fingerprint scanner, Quad-HD screen and removable Modules. It will be launched in India for approximately Rs. 50,000.
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 16MP +8MP rear camera & 5MP front camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Micro-SD card support up to 200GB
- Gorilla Glass 4 for display protection
- Different Modules Available
- Battery capacity is very less.
- Quad-HD display may consume more battery power compared to Full-HD displays.
- Camera bump may create issues when phone is on table.
- The phone can be slippery due to its metal body design.
Stay tuned for more latest technology news! Kindly give us your feedback in comments section. Have a great time ahead!
Also, look at our other articles on Gadget Ninja: