see url Civil engineering is the very fast growing branch in India. Till the year 2020, 400,000 professional civil engineers are required for jobs in civil engineering sector but there are only 60,000 civil engineers are available. Indian government need civil engineers in high amount but due to lack in the civil engineering professionals governments are delaying their works. In this career guide today we’re going to talk about civil engineering as a career in India.
400,000 Professionals Are Required But Only 65,000 Available
According to the recent report of Royal institute of chartered surveyors, till 2020 there will be need of 400,000 civil are required but today there are only 65,000 professionals available. In last 3 to 4 years, software field and IT sectors were highly demanded by the private companies and before 3 to 4 years students were also getting 90% jobs in the computer science branch. Indian government has declared to give Rs.56,000,000,000,000 for the development of India. For better package computer knowledge is must needed in the upcoming professionals. According to the latest report by NassComm, In future civil engineers are going to have good demands.
Knowledge is nothing until you implement in the real life
Only 10,000 Seats Increased in Last 17 Years
In 1990, there were only 13,500 seats in engineering colleges and 12,500 seats in computers science and information technology. After 1990 computer and IT sector growed a lot, the multinational companies like Microsoft came in India for giving packages but civil engineering branch only got decremented. In the year 2007 there were 193,000 seats of computer science in engineering colleges in India and around 22,700 seats of civil engineering in India. If we add the seats of IIT’s, ISM, Government colleges and Private engineering colleges then Civil engineering students are less than 10% of 100%.
- Between 2012 to 2017, there will be the sudden hike of 17% in the roads and bridges every year. Till 2015 Indian roads will be total valued of Rs.1150 Arab. It’s very high.
- Between 2000 to 2014, the Indian government has invested a lot of money in the construction sector. The money is around Rs.13,000 Crore. Port development like fields has an allowance of good investments.
- In whole country around 100 smart city are going to build and till 2020 bullet trains are going to start in our country as Narendra modi speech There will be huge increment in the Public private partnership and in return there will be scope in civil engineering.
Watch This Video – Reality of Engineering in India
Rank Required to Get Admission In IIT’s with Civil Branch
- IIT Bombay – Opening Rank (400) and Closing Rank (1688)
- IIT Kanpur– Opening Rank (1363) and Closing Rank (2500)
- IIT Roorkee– Opening Rank (1523) and Closing Rank (3039)
- IIT Madras– Opening Rank (1471) and Closing Rank (2759)
- IIT Kharagpur Opening Rank (1962) and Closing Rank (2874)
Watch This Video – IIT Doesn’t matters
Chances of Government Jobs
In all fields of engineering civil engineering the only branch which has the longest and broadest work field. In railway sectors, as I said above in post, that in India bullet trains are going to start & yes do you know that the highest speed of a bullet train is 565 km/hour that’s so fast. If we talk about the today’s Indian trains then they are very bad in quality and they really need the maintenance and innovative trains should be started in out country.
In real estate, construction project, quality testing laboratory, consultancy companies there are also chances of jobs. The future of civil engineering is very bright.
Work of a Civil Engineer
- Planning of projects
- Quality Control
Jobs Outside of India and In MNC’s
To get admissions in IIT’s with the civil branch you need good marks and good knowledge and there are the very low number of civil engineers from India. The civil engineers can get jobs in the multinational companies they can work in Singapore, USA and there they have a high need of Indian civil engineering professionals.
Salary & Package of Civil Engineers
- IIT Students Starting package is Rs.6 Lakh to 7 Lakh.
- Private Engineering Student Package is Rs. 2 to 3 Lakh.
- In America, Starting package is Rs.18 Lakh.
- In Singapore, Starting package is Rs.12 Lakh.
What about the Crowd In Civil Engineering?
These years civil engineering has a huge scope and, as a result, every is interested in taking this branch and Because of too many students in this branch, we call it Crowd in civil, mechanical engineering. Well, there is no such Clowd, companies will only hire you when you have quality. Your creamy knowledge will automatically show you.
There is a wide scope in the civil engineering branch but you must be innovative and creative with the good knowledge of computer skills. If you are an engineering student then I will suggest you to go and join some online coding institutes for free. Good luck. I hope this article really helped you guys.
Civil branch is quite tough as compared to other branches like computer science, chemical, electrical, so before you opt this branch, think 500 times, 1000 times, 5000 times. Civil Engineering will lead you to a pretty tough, challenging but interesting path. It’s not gonna be a cake-walk like IT engineers but the day you hit a good Startup in Civil Engineer, you’re gonna be one of the pioneers in India.
Also see: Must Have Engineering Skills