Virus problems on internet are really bad and they damages everything you have. Recently I recovered with the YouTube redirect virus. For new readers let me first explain you what is YouTube redirect virus? This virus redirects your WordPress site to the Justin Bieber video available on YouTube. Whenever a visitor comes to your site, he/she is redirected to YouTube. The same thing happened with me all the pages were going to YouTube.
The spammer adds a small meta redirect in the files and simply your sites goes to another site. Thereason behind this virus is that many Peoples are able to download the premium plugins and themes for free, this thing was giving huge loss to the WordPress developers and as a result they added a system in their themes and plugins. If somebody installs a premium plugin for free then the server will redirect your site.
Fix YouTube Redirect Virus Problem
- First of all make a list of recently added plugins and themes in your site and try to find out the date from which you are facing this problem.
- Remove the Recently added plugins and themes.
- If you don’t want to remove those plugins and themes then, go to Plugins -> Editor -> choose the latest added plugin and edit it.
- After editing from starting open file and press CTRL+F and search “spamcheckr.com/l.php” then if you find some line with the above text then remove it from , you need to remove the middle code ok, and then save it.
- If you don’t finds that code in the first file then simply search in all the files and you’ll get that surely.
Use Plugins to Find out Malicious Codes
There are many plugins which you can use to find the malicious that can hack your WordPress blog. To get started into these plugins, you need to install the plugins and then find the plugin settings. Here are the plugins, Theme Authenticity Checker (TAC) and my favorite the WordFence
Things To Remember
No one can guarantee that you’ll not face this problem in future, so before adding any plugin or theme in your WordPress site, check the details of that plugin/theme, see the ratings and number of downloads. Remove all the unused plugins and themes that you don’t want, these creates problems sometimes also they increase page load timing.