For a startup like snapdeal, they needed fundings and luckily they even managed to do so. So, here’s the listing of all the fundings.
Snapdeal has received seven rounds of funding:
- Round 1: In January 2011, Snapdeal received a funding of $12 million from Nexus Venture Partners and Indo-US Venture Partners.
- Round 2: In July 2011, the company raised a further $45 million from Bessemer Venture Partners, along with existing investors Nexus Venture Partners and Indo-US Venture Partners.
- Round 3: Snapdeal then raised the 3rd round of funding worth $50 million from eBay and received participation from existing investors – i.e. Bessemer Venture Partners, Nexus Venture and IndoUS Venture Partners.
- Round 4: Snapdeal received its 4th round of funding of $133 million on Feb-2014. The 4th round of funding was led by eBay with all the current institutional investors, including Kalaari Capital, Nexus Venture Partners, Bessemer Venture Partners, Intel Capital and Saama Capital all participating.
- Round 5: Snapdeal received its 5th round of funding of $105 million in May-2014. The 5th round included investments by Blackrock, Temasek Holdings, PremjiInvest, and others. The round valued Snapdeal at $1,000,000,000.
- Round 6: Snapdeal received its 6th round of funding in Oct-2014 from Softbank with investments worth $647 million in fresh capital.This makes SoftBank the largest investor in Snapdeal.
- Round 7: Snapdeal received its 7th round of funding in Aug-2015 from Alibaba Group, Foxconn, and SoftBank with investments worth $500 million in fresh capital.
- Round 11: One of the world’s largest pension funds, Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, and Singapore-based investment entity Brother Fortune Apparel have led the 11th round of funding in online marketplace player Snapdeal. The latest investment is $200 million (Rs 1,367.6 crore) in Jasper Infotech-owned company.